Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums

ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Adp Dinner- Hosted By Parwez Wahid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bilal Arif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: ADP Dinner- Hosted by Parwez Wahid Reply with quote

Hi All,

Mr. Wahid has graciously agreed to host a dinner for introducing ADP to local Pakistani community at his residence. The tentative date is Saturday, March 26th. This hopefully will be the first of a series of dinners where ADP can meet with different folks in a small and private setting to discuss their point of view and exchange ideas.

We need to discuss and set an agenda for this event in advance maybe in the next meeting. Also, we need to determine who and how many representatives should be at this dinner.

Bilal

Last edited by Bilal Arif on Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Biabani

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Good Progress Reply with quote

Thats great news Bilal.

This will help ADP penetrate the circle of well settled Pakistani community and allow us to share our mission and vision with them. Hopefully, a series of such dinners will help us raise funds and gain further recognition in the greater Boston area.

Parwez Wahid has been very kind to us ever since we started ADP and I am sure he will do a great job in linking us with the expat Pakistani community.

I think 2 (at most 3) people from ADP should give a presentation to the crowd at this dinner and have an interactive Q&A session with them, after which we can solicit funds/pledges.

I know the membership committee has produced an 'ADP presentation' for introduction purposes. We should tailor it to suit this event and perhaps give it a test run in our next meeting in order to get some feedback from the members.
Adnan Khalid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number of ADP representatives should be directly proportional to the number of expected guests at this dinner. Bilal do you know how many guests (besides ADP members) will probably show up at this dinner? I think roughly 1 ADP member (with a minimum of 2) for ever 5 or 6 guests will be the right number. What do you think?
Danish Saleem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this dinner conducted especially for ADP or we will be just a guest where we will be given an opportunity to speak? If this is not esp for ADP, I would not do a hardcore fundraising. Give a stunning presentation about ADP, including facts and figures, and just mention the the needs of the organization without asking money.

Before hand, ask your host about couple of resourceful/rich/influencial people who would be coming, and make a point to have a one to one talk with that person. I would suggest to make a relationship with these folks at this point, ask them to invite you at their social gatherings. If you ask for money, they might be reluctant to invite you at their gatherings.

If possable get contact information of these people personally, including address, and design your conversation such that it leads to a followup one-to-one meeting, that is where you ask the money, without taking no for an answer.

You might have thought about these issues, but wanted to mention them just in case.
Omar Biabani

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the plan of action : )

These dinners are specifically organized to expose ADP to the settled Pakistani community in the Boston area. Parwez Wahid, a settled Bostonian himself, has attended a couple of our meetings and is generous enough to provide an opportunity for us to present ourselves - in a very focused manner - to this crowd. So the people who will attend this dinner will already be told about ADP and its nature in general sense and will come to meet us in person and get to know more about us. The invitees will come with a notion to help ADP and thats why we will solicit funds/pledges.

I like your ideas of getting to know them personally and develop a relationship beyond the boundaries of a formal dinner. That way we can go back to them for specific help of any nature - funds, resources,services, contacts etc.
Bilal Arif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: ADP dinner Reply with quote

I do not have any details of this dinner as of today. Once I get this information I will put it up on this fourm. We can discuss the detail plan once all information is in.
Bilal Arif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy's,

If you are interested in representing ADP at the dinner on April 24th or any of the following dinners, please inform me so we can plan accordingly. Since we are hoping to have more than one dinner, it would be nice for most of us if not all to get the opportunity to represent ADP.

Bilal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> Events All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: