Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums

ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Science Lab Project For Nilore School
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mubarik Imam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Update from Nuzhat Reply with quote

Hi Mubarik,
I am attaching the expense report for the lab equipment. All the equipment has been bought and is in place. We have had a problem finding a chemistry teacher. We have been looking for an overall science teacher for the past 6 months, and have not been able to find a qualified one that we can afford. We have one candidate who is asking for Rs. 10,000. There is another candidate who is asking for Rs.4000 but is willing to teach for only 3 periods/day, which would leave us looking for another teacher to fill the rest of the periods, again throwing our budget out of control. The solution we have come up with for now is that Siddique will be teaching Physics, while Farah will teach Biology.They will divide up the chemistry classes between themselves. This will have an impact on their other classes, but they are trying to reconfigure the schedule.

I have asked for weekly updates on the lab, and will forward these on to you. I will also ask Waqas to send us photos if possible.

The other issue that has come up is of space. We are now planning on constructing three large rooms on the premises, one of which will house the lab.

Sorry for the delay in reporting.
Mubarik Imam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: E-mail from Waqas Reply with quote

Siddique told me about the lab and problem with chemistry teacher on the telephone.

I am planning to visit the school to help them setting up the lab and teach Farah and Siddique about chemistry, both theory and practicals. Right now, the issue is that I dont have any
conveyance. I ll try to arrange some conveyance and visit the school by this Saturday.

BR,

Waqas
Waqas Mansoor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Nilore School lab set and complete Reply with quote

I visited the school on Saturday
All the equipment is there. Lab is set.
I showed Siddique(Principal and Physics teacher) about different apparatus etc. and how they are used in experiments.
Miss Farah is teaching Bio to class 9 and General Science to junior classes. She was really excited when we set up the compound microscope and observed prepared slides of plant cells, meitosis and meiosis. To make it more interesting we asked a student to bring a sample leaf from a plant outside and observe its cells. Farah was saying, "we can show cells to class 7 and 8 students as well."
And Siddique was also eager to carryout pendulum experiments with junior class students as well.
I really hope that lab is used in the best possible manner.

Now they are facing a problem in finding a chemistry teacher. I thought I would go and teach Farah about chemistry as well, but she has no free time in which to teach chemistry. She is taking max possible periods. In that remote area it is dificult to find a good chemistry teacher. They have interviewed some good people but they have to come all the way from Rawalpindi everyday and they are demanding higher salaries then their budget.

Well lets see how they solve this issue.

I forgot to take camera along, next time I ll capture the pictures for all your sharing. Anyways I saw all the apparatus and I believe it is sufficient for Physics, Chemistry and Bio for Class 9,10th level.
Mubarik Imam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Update from Nuzhat Reply with quote

Dear Mubarik,
I am back from Pakistan. I am attaching some of the pictures from the science lab. It is in use. We still do not have a dedicated science teacher but are making do with the current teachers who teach biology and physics. The search is on though.
Nuzhat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> Approved All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: