Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums

ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Minnesota Response

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warren N. Anderson, Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Minnesota Response Reply with quote

Hello All:

I hope this is alright, but I would like to update you on what is happening in MN and to try to coordinate efforts with others in MN, if possible.

Here is an update regarding the “Pakistani Quake Relief Fund”.

1) This was the name chosen and registered with the MN Secretary of State.

2) The bank account for the fund should be opened on Tuesday, Oct. 18th at Associated Bank.

3) Aroosa Saeed will be Treasurer and Saad Khan will be the 3rd signatory, along with me. They are both Macalester students, and I am a 1983 Mac grad.

4) We three (Aroosa, Saad and I) have decided that we want the Fund to adopt a destroyed village of about 75-100 families to be chosen for us by Abrahim Yousafzai, a Macalester classmate/friend working there in the Swat area for PIA.

5) We will begin raising funds among Macalester students/Alumni/friends/staff.

6) We will build the organization by reaching out to: a) Pakistani students in MN colleges and Universities; Pakistani business people and professionals; the greater Muslim community in MN, and; the wider MN religious and secular community.

7) It is our understanding that Macalester will set up a web page on their site similar to the one they created for the Hurricane Katrina disaster. This will give people a place to get info on what is happening on the ground in Pakistan as we know it through personal contacts, as well as let people know what the Fund is doing to help Mac alum in Pakistan and what Mac folks are doing to help.

8) Aroosa will see about getting student meals not used during fall break to be donated ($) to the Fund.

9) Aroosa will work to set up a box dinner fundraiser.

10) Saad will try to contact Pakistani and Muslim students and organizations in MN to coordinate with them.

11) Saad will try to coordinate with Pakistani and professional organizations in MN;

12) I will work to set up donation boxes that might be placed at Pakistani, Muslim and other businesses throughout MN.

13) I will work on a press release that will go out on Thursday, Oct. 20th to all local, statewide and ethnic media outlets explaining the Fund, its purpose and how and where to donate.

14) I will send out info and a donation plea to all Edina Realty offices/agents in MN. Maybe other businesses will do the same.

15) I will contact the International School of MN – a Chouiefat School – to try to get their support. Initial contact was positive.

16) I will see about creating a geography lesson plan that incorporates earthquakes, Pakistan and the village we choose to help. Maybe we could get other schools/students to donate/assist in rebuilding the chosen village.

17) As I see it, this is a long term activity/need. We need to find long-term partners/help.

18) We will meet again at the Macalester Student Union/Commons on Wed., Oct 19th at 9:15pm. All are welcome.

Any questions, comments, concerns or ideas, please contact me at this email or the listed phone number.

Inshallah, we will be successful!

Warren N Anderson, Jr

651/210-5738

Ali Raza

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Minnesota Response Reply with quote

Hey Warren,
Really nice to read what you guys are trying to do. I didn't know there was any other ADP member here in twin cities. I would like to help you guys out in whatever way I can. Living in bloomington these days, graduated from MSU, Mankato, know tons of people in MNScU and at the U. So I think I can help out saad in trying to organize stuff at the MnScU schools. Please call me or email me

Syed Fawad Raza

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just joined the ADP mailing list, nice to see people from MN contributing to earth quake relief. I moved to Minneapolis a couple of months back and would like to be a part of the efforts (if there is an ongoing drive), please let me know how I can be of assistance. And just an update Honeywell (the company I am working for here) has initiated reconstruction activities alhamdulillah with Operation USA to construct 300 homes and 3 health clinics in quake hit regions of Pakistan. Employees are donating to support these efforts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> Earthquake Relief All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: