Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums

ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Working In Areas Of Health In Pakistan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali Imran Zaidi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Working in areas of Health in Pakistan Reply with quote

I am a Urologist in Multan. I have started an NGO with some of my friends in Multan. This is one of the districts in South Punjab which is a part of the Stone Belt. It is one of the poorest are with a very high illiteracy and poverty rate. The main causes of Kidney failure in this area are stone, high blood pressure and diabetes. Here a lot of children also die of renal failure due to preventable causes. There is also a very high incidence of urology related problems. We at Kidney Association in Multan (KAIM) have started with the most sensitive area of renal failure and have provided Rs.500 subsidy to more than 100 dialysis sessions. Here people cannot afford dialysis even. Within seven months we have an income of almost Rs.100,000. We are also in the process of registration with the Social Welfare Department. We have tried to be very transparent in our working and show all our accounts in our website. This association is the FIRST of its kind in the South Punjab(Multan, Dera Ghazi Khan, Bahawalpur. We need friends for this project which we hope will be expanded very soon. We show everything we have and do at our website www.KaimPakistan.com
Founder Member
Kidney Association in Multan. KAIM
Cell: +92-321-630-1067
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your efforts towards the health concern in Pakistan.

Not particularly with this area but am working as International co-ordinator for Pakistan with Danish International Red Cross. We had a health project to carry out in FATA Region - NWFP. The research team been down there for several months and Danish Ministry was granting funds for the project as well. But unfortunately we fail to carry out the project because the requirement to carry out such projects was that a Pakistani NGO based in Denmark should work along with International Red Cross and another independent NGO. we had DANIDA as our biggest support and the Int. Red Cross but unfortunately I learned that we don't have any Pakistani NGO in Denmark. Therefore, we were not granted the funds.

So, there is a concern in Denmark to carry out development programs and esp. in health arena in Pakistan.

I have also been contacting another ORG in Denmark which might help you in any regard with your project. The website is in danish therefore I don't think so it will be a much of a help. anyways, the name of the ORG is Sehat and its a assosiation of doctors in Denmark.
www.sehat.dk

I can try to get in touch with Sehat to see if we can find some interested parties in DK for health projects in Pakistan.

All the best!

Ali Imran Zaidi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Health development Reply with quote

Thank you for the concern. I am sorry I cannot understand Danish so I emailed you the same information as it is here. Anyway that is the way we can remain in touch and collaborate to work for Pakistan. We have collected almost 120000Rs and spent almost 100000 on this project. At the moment we need two new dialysis machines to pass subisdy to the patients. Here at our centre on dialysis costs 1800Rs and if we get two machines of KAIM we can bring this cost to 1500Rs.
Founder Member
Kidney Association in Multan. KAIM
Cell: +92-321-630-1067
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> General All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: