Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums

ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Earthquake Long-term Redevelopment
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adnan Khalid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not mind changing the name but I hope you understand that this is a very low priority for me compared to the things I am trying to squeeze in between other commitments at the moment.
Justin Stone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I agree, but I know you're working on a ton.

Realistically, the long-term redevelopment funding will be critical and much more difficult than the immediate relief efforts. I think we need to distinguish this fund from 'relief' if we want to encourage active giving...

The more we can get a head start on this phase, the better positioned we will be to help with the work most people will conveniently forget about...

~J
Amina Khan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Long term relief/redevelopment Reply with quote

I think ultimately "redevelopment" or "reconstruction", might be a better choice of words, BUT that said I thought I would give you the perspective from someone who isn't as intimately involved with the site as most of you.

To me, it made perfect sense to put that 3rd link up....and semantics aside I knew what you all were referring to.

With that in mind, I also wanted to throw out the idea of potentially sponsoring a small village/town for redevelopment. (e.g. help provide them with schooling, medical, and other basic needs) I realize we may be a few weeks away from actively strategizing about the longer term plan, but I did want to throw this out and see what all of you thought.

By the way, I think those of you who have put your time and effort into this have done a great job and the donations speak for themselves.

Amina
Adnan Khalid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Long term relief/redevelopment Reply with quote

amina wrote:
I think ultimately "redevelopment" or "reconstruction", might be a better choice of words, BUT that said I thought I would give you the perspective from someone who isn't as intimately involved with the site as most of you.

To me, it made perfect sense to put that 3rd link up....and semantics aside I knew what you all were referring to.

With that in mind, I also wanted to throw out the idea of potentially sponsoring a small village/town for redevelopment. (e.g. help provide them with schooling, medical, and other basic needs) I realize we may be a few weeks away from actively strategizing about the longer term plan, but I did want to throw this out and see what all of you thought.

By the way, I think those of you who have put your time and effort into this have done a great job and the donations speak for themselves.

Amina

Sponsoring a small village for redevelopment is a good idea but such a project (like any other project sponsored by ADP) will have to be executed by an NGO on the ground that ADP will support financially and in other ways as well. I am sure as days go by, the pace of project proposals coming in to ADP will increase steadily just as the rate of donations coming in has increased over the past few days (though not as much for the ADP Earthquake Redevelopment Fund as yet), and then our job will be to assess those proposals and raise funds for them.

BTW, I changed the name of the ADP fund to include the word Redevelopment this afternoon.
Niveen Sayeed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't TCF doing a sponsor a village for rebuilding thing also?
Natasha Waliany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Aga Khan Foundation Reply with quote

The Aga Khan Foundation is mobilizing all it's organizations in Pakistan to work together to provide short and long term relief in the region affected by the earthquake. This is going to create a real impact as the organization is already working on providing short term relief and is thus cognizant of the challenges which lie ahead in providing long term redevelopment in the region. The organizations have had a presence in these areas for a while (Aga Khan Rural Support Program) and are therefore in a better position to help. FOCUS is currently working round the clock to provide short-term relief including shelter. I have been in touch with a couple of people from FOCUS, one is a worker who is currently helping in the northern areas, the other is on the Board of Directors. I'm going to get more information on their plans and activities in the next couple of days. Is this something ADP might be interested in pursuing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> Earthquake Relief All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: