Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Last Visit: 17 Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco
|Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:04 pm Post subject:
In keeping with ADP's priorities, we should improve our Projects and Volunteers section of the website. Here are some ideas:
We should have a project home page that
- Organizes our projects and allows for easy navigation, perhaps through a clickable map of Pakistan with our project locations. DIL has something like this on their website (http://www.dil.org/DIL/html/projects.htm)
- Describes our basic project criteria
- Describes our project application and evaluation process
- Provides training materials and resources for PCs
We should have a volunteer page that
- Lists open volunteer opps. We can use www.volunteermatch.org to maintain the opp descriptions and link on our website.
- Has a few testimonials from past volunteers, including their profile
- Describes other ways to get involved (network, forums etc.)
- Includes resources such as orientation and training materials (once we have them)
The Donate page should be a separate tab on our website so that it is prominent.